The Product Design and Modeling team have an opening for a Director II, Data Science, that will drive pricing and non-pricing sophistication in the US Design team and will lead a team of 4–5 direct reports, potentially in multiple locations. The role will report directly to the Business Lines Design Lead and will have opportunities to collaborate directly with global teams in Product Design and Modeling, including Complex Components, Demand Modeling, Pricing Sophistication; there are also opportunities to on modeling projects for countries outside the US with the East and West Design team.
Director II is responsible for one or more of the following:
- Building complex models that lead best-in-class new business pricing sophistication
- Helping the org take UW/non-pricing actions on the right customers (e.g., non-renewals)
- Developing a team of best-in-class modelers
- Develop expertise in products requiring price segmentation
- Build complex loss cost models across Business Lines
- Build or incorporate complex sub-models to improve accuracy
- Build complex non-pricing models (e.g., models to identify customers for non-renewal, models to estimate exposure, models to impute data)
- Explore and utilize advanced modeling techniques (e.g., machine learning techniques such as Elastic Nets)
- Collaborate with Delivery and Portfolio Management teams to help implement new pricing programs
- Bachelor’s degree required. Insurance designations such as FCAS or advanced degree in a quantitative field desirable.
- Overall 5-7 years of progressively more responsible experience, including supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions. Expert skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem, R) highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments.
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and business (lines, systems, pricing plans), predictive modeling, and code (e.g., SQL) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Ability to lead and get work done through others. Ability to coach and develop staff members.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1