The Product Design and Modeling team have an opening for a Director II, Data Science position that will drive pricing and non-pricing sophistication in the US Design team and will lead a team of 3–5 direct reports, potentially in multiple locations. The role will report directly to the Auto Design Lead but also have opportunities to work on projects across personal and business lines as well as globally in partnership with the East & West Design team.
Director II is responsible for one or more of the following:
- Building complex models that lead best-in-class new business pricing sophistication
- Helping build and price for completely new risk-based products
- Developing a team of best-in-class modelers
- Develop expertise in the US PL Auto product
- Lead the build of complex loss cost models across Auto Products, as well as Adjacent products (e.g., Property/Specialty, Business Lines, Pay As You Drive Products)
- Build complex non-pricing models (e.g., models to identify customers for non-renewal, models to estimate exposure, models to impute data)
- Explore and utilize advanced modeling techniques (e.g., machine learning techniques such as Elastic Nets)
- Work with massive amounts of data (e.g., 200 million records for our Liberty-brand Auto product) to build sophisticated models
- Collaborate with Pricing Program Managers and CW rollout teams to help implement new pricing programs every 12 to 24 months
- Bachelor’s degree required. Insurance designations such as FCAS or advanced degree in a quantitative field desirable.
- Overall 5-7 years of progressively more responsible experience, including supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions. Expert skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem) highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments.
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and business (lines, systems, pricing plans), predictive modeling, and code (e.g., SQL) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Ability to lead and get work done through others. Ability to coach and develop staff members.
They value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s their privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about their benefits offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, they give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help them redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. They create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
They’re dedicated to doing the right thing for their employees because they know that their fulfillment and success leads them to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1