The Director of Data Science & Engineering will lead the design, development, and testing of data pipelines, repositories, and analytic solutions for Acorn AI. This leader’s primary goal is to drive innovation and champion data engineering practices that lead to accelerated delivery of customer-focused, high-quality software.
- Lead and provide strategic technical guidance for high-performing data engineering teams.
- Grow the Acorn AI data engineering function through recruiting, coaching, and employee development.
- Architect, build and maintain analytical pipelines for research and production with data engineering best practices, quality, transparency, and scalability.
- Develop advanced data systems for complex analytics and statistical modeling.
- Assess complex data processes in SAS, SQL, R, Python, AWS, and other technologies to optimize accuracy, maintainability, and performance.
- Collaborate with all levels of data science, product, delivery, app engineering, and senior leadership to integrate data engineering solutions with business priorities.
- Evaluate data sources for analytic potential such as operational stores, external public, and vendor databases, streaming device data, and RWD.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters’s degree in quantitative science or engineering preferred.
- 10+ years leading data engineering teams, preferably for a SaaS software company.
- Advanced understanding of extraction and transformation, statistical procs, modular system design, variable derivation, and modeling dataset construction leveraging structured and unstructured data.
- Significant experience supporting complex predictive model builds and delivery mechanisms for analytic business solutions such as web app and visualization technologies.
- Excellent aptitude in data analysis, organization, and problem-solving with clear, concise communication abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to creating rigorous, high-quality insights from data at scale.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1