Johns Creek, GA
The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for providing strategic and technology leadership for Supply Chain solutions focused on inbound logistics, transportation, freight, delivery, reverse logistics and liquidation processes. This position is responsible for collaborating with business partners within Macy’s Technology, Macy’s Product Organization and various other teams to create/socialize/get buy-in on the strategic vision for these areas. The position will drive the development of technology and system solutions to address business needs, and manage all resources. The successful candidate would have demonstrated deep domain knowledge in Retail, Omni-Commerce, Digital and Supply Chain including staying abreast with industry and competitive trends. In addition, clear appreciation of future technology trends and proven track record of innovation is required.
The Director will be in charge of building and maintaining world class applications and services and keep them stable, scalable and available. The Director will be responsible to deliver in a lean and fast manner, tirelessly looking for improvements, and setting new challenges to energize the team. This leader will partner with other technical and business functions across the enterprise, involved in the strategy and governance, making the right and balanced technical decisions that take into account delivery cost, predictability, and above all, business values. We expect the candidate to be a great partner to Product Managers, not only to ensure the technical aspect and delivery are taken care of, but also understand and influence how the business metrics goal are met, involved in coming up with strategy and tactics to get there. Delivers results by leading efforts in planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining efficient systems and/or processes.
The Director is expected to lead efforts to implement world class packages, build next generation cloud native platforms and lead innovation in areas of technology such as AI and Machine Learning, though not limited to those, have been major positive disruptors and will continue to do so. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Delivers results by driving strategic and operational direction through effective planning, organizing, prioritizing staff assignments, and continual analysis of workload and personnel needs. A director is responsible for the success of multiple concurrent cross-functional tasks. Drives and manages change. Sets priorities based on thorough understanding of business initiatives; monitors progress of assignments, redistributing resources where appropriate.
- Develops, directs, and executes strategic plans in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders. Ability to build and establish solid working relationships by providing timely, accurate and high quality information to peers, subordinates, upper management and/or customers.
- Advises Macys Tech senior management on strategic plans and improvements to systems and processes. Partners with customers to develop and execute business vision and strategic plan.
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to systems and processes.
- Ensures compliance with Architectural & Platform standards.
- Effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; employs, trains, directs, and counsels unit staff. Develops, motivates, empowers, and evaluates team to expand professional, management, leadership, and technical skills. Responsible for ensuring continued success of the team members within their functional work area. Identifies strengths and abilities in associates, provides feedback, drives career planning discussions, empowers and motivates associates to achieve goals.
- Supports budgetary direction provided by OVP/VP/SVP. Responsible for managing a budget
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10-12 years of highly technical leadership experience with Supply chain domain expertise and managerial experience of other leaders.
- 5+ years of Supply chain package implementation experience is a must – JDA desired.
- 3-5 core programming languages such as Java/ Cloud experience is desired.
- Familiarity with Big Data such as Hadoop or Cassandra.
- Experience with database design and tuning for optimal performance based on application usage.
- Developed at least 3 products from idea through user adoption.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication and presentation skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
- Ability to define technical objectives & achieve planned results by decisions and actions. that are based on professional methods, best practices and practical experience.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- People leadership experience.
- SCRUM / Agile experience preferred.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1