Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for an Embedded Software Engineer in Towson, Maryland. This job requisition is open to find the right candidate for an anticipated future need.
- Designs and develops power electronic firmware and specifications for BLDC motor controls or Bluetooth Low Energy Firmware for power tools.
- Implement and validate electronic designs through test and simulation work.
- Develop software verification and validation procedures that include unit and integration testing.
- Provides leadership in achieving cost, performance and quality objectives of all related electronic systems, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Develops solutions for electronic system related issues as a member of a project team.
- Fosters and maintains a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Assures that appropriate documentation is maintained for work performed.
- Translates customer requirements into software specifications.
- Analyzes and reaches sound decisions in complex technical situations.
- Embrace cross functional teamwork.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers, and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- Ability to handle 2-3 concurrent projects
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited electrical engineering college (min req)
- 3+ years of on-the-job training required
- Proven ability to design and develop embedded firmware.
- Extensive knowledge of C and Assembly language.
- Familiar with software version control (Hg, SVN, Git).
- Ability to generate and evaluate creative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Provides creative ideas and innovation to work processes
US – GTS – Power Tools & Equipment (PTE)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1