Job Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Location: Farmington, CT
About The Team
Stanley Access Technologies is recognized as an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation and servicing of automatic doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven significant growth for our service business. Join our world class team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers and communicators who excite and inspire others. We are looking for energetic, detail oriented leaders that focus on execution, meet commitments, break through turf issues, and have a passion to exceed customer expectations.
Joining the Stanley team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. As a division of Stanley Black & Decker we share a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
With over 175 years in business, Stanley is one of the world’s most recognized and trusted brand names for tools, hardware, doors and home décor products. In addition to joining a world class organization, as a member of the Stanley Team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and solid opportunities for growth.
The Embedded Systems Engineer will be a core member of the Electrical Engineering team. The Engineer will be involved in every phase of the development of products associated with automatic doors, automatic door components, and related systems.
- All aspects of software development; specifying, designing, prototyping, debugging and validating embedded systems
- Developing and debugging low level embedded firmware/drivers
- Developing and debugging application level embedded firmware (including RTOS tasks and communication)
- Interacting with/managing outside software resources
- Creating System Architectures/designs and software for IoT solutions
- Implementing and debugging electronic circuits to be used in new products as well as existing product enhancements and productivity activities
- Conducting and participating in team design/code reviews
- Following the company product development process
- Creating and maintaining Engineering documentation
- Assisting creation and maintenance of user documentation
- Designing test specifications
Required Skills & Experience
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience
- Proficiency in Real Time Embedded C programming techniques, with or without an RTOS
- Knowledge Microcontroller interfacing and use of peripherals
- Experience with IoT solutions, including edge and cloud computing
- Experience with network architectures, communication, and protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of network security concepts and cryptography
- Experience with firmware/software specification and documentation
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with serial communication and peripheral interfacing
- Experience with best practice software/firmware design and processes
- Strong office productivity tool (Word, Excel) knowledge required
- Very strong written communication skills required
- Basic use of electrical/wiring tools
Nonessential/Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Experience with ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication protocols
- Automated testing
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
US – SSS – SAT
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1