Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, they’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
They build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Their team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, they are masters of their own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
Data Science team at MZ drives business KPIs using advanced ML and NLP products. Their mission is to use data-driven intelligence to deliver strategic actionable insights and innovative products that automate and optimize game operations to foster healthier, safer and engaged player communities.
They build data science capabilities that have high impact and high visibility across multiple business units. As they are growing their strength, they are looking for an Engineering manager to help them define and execute on their roadmap to scale their data science platform with changing business needs.
Their engineers are curious and talented, work with agility, and solve challenging data science problems. They selectively gather top technical talent passionate about data into insights. Come join them!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build, manage, and support an engineering team responsible for the ML and NLP products
- Drive the vision & strategy of MZ’s Data Science Platform team and deliver high impact solution to improve business KPIs
- Define and execute the product roadmap, and manage success metrics across teams
- Provide guidance in developing highly scalable models based on state-of-the-art ML and NLP methodologies
- Lead efforts to build a holistic strategy for A/B experiments across MZ to automate and optimize business decision making process
- Help translating business requirements into technical needs and actions
- Identify opportunities to share technology across teams and manage partnership opportunities with internal cross-functional partners
- Evangelize technical solutions, frameworks, and best practices across the team and org
- Evaluate and improve your team’s performance, charting out personal growth plans for direct reports
Your Background And Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience managing a high caliber technical team of highly technical caliber
- Experience in machine learning, building advanced statistical models, and AI research with applications in technology, gaming, or ad industry
- Practical hands-on experience building learning programs and ML or NLP products
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning models (e.g., logistic regression, time series analysis, reinforced learning, SVMs, XGBoost, CNNs/RNNs)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science or engineering.
- Experienced with big data computing skills is a must (e.g., Scikit-learn in Python, PyTorch or Tensorflow, Hadoop, Spark/PySpark , No-SQL technologies, etc.)
- A track record of leading projects and building relationships with stakeholders and influencing decision makers
- Experience building A/B testing platform and associated metrics visualization
- Enthusiasm for experiment and metrics-driven iterative product development
- Experience working with other leads from engineering, product and design to craft a roadmap, execute iteratively and measure success
- Gaming industry experience or working with large scale distributed systems
- Experience building NLP and Chat analytics products
- MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1