Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Data Engineering Manager, you will work with a variety of highly skilled Nike teammates and be a motivating impact for creating first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web metrics among others.
Your work will be highly impactful. We have a small team which equals big impact. We have organized our team for speed and self-governance but backed by premier resources.
- Hire and lead a data engineering team. Leverage your deep knowledge to provide technical leadership to take projects from zero to completion.
- Architect, develop and maintain scalable data pipelines built for speed and accuracy.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/instruments/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing.
- Set the technical direction and cultivate engineering excellence across the team.
- Oversee and complete migration of legacy processes to a shared scalable data infrastructure.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using resources and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Facilitate a culture of collaborative reviews of designs, code and test plans
- Work with architecture engineering leads to ensure quality solutions are implemented and engineering best practices adhered to
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
- Identify and remove technical bottlenecks for your engineering squad
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Deep experience in creating a dev ops culture for data engineering
- 7+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 3+ years of big data experience
- 3 + years as a team lead or manager position providing mentorship to engineers
- Deep understanding of measuring and ensuring data quality at scale and the required tooling to monitor and optimize the performance of our data pipelines.
- Exceptional at defining plans and goals and executing on them
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- A data engineer with SDE skills. Excellent programming experience in Python or Scala preferred
- Experience creating and shipping data production pipelines sourcing data from a diverse array of sources.
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Airflow etc.
- Extensive experience with big data processing within cloud environments such AWS or Azure
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00440846
- Apparel & Fashion
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1