- Mentoring Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management. Establish regular 1 1s with direct reports. Craft individual improvement/goal plans with each direct report and ensures that they receive regular, documented feedback.
- Planning / Alignment Plan and collaborate with other teams Twitter in delivering impactful changes, whilst working together with other Cortex teams for the long term.
- Provide oversight Work with engineers and researchers to understand how everything fits together and how best to deliver meaningful impact. Understands when ML is applicable and when it is not, and what are the risks.
- Execution Make decisions that balance between immediate impact and long-term bets, as well as managing resourcing and prioritization.
- Relationship management Help with managing the relationship between other teams in Cortex which you’ll partner with to deliver impact.
- Cross-functional management Works closely with other teams from across the company to deliver impactful projects which may involve multiple disciplines. Also, work with other managers in the office to build upon the office culture and ensure a healthy workplace environment.
- Recruitment Help hires new talent – help with sourcing and selling to candidates as well as vetting them for the team. Provide innovative solutions for both attracting and retaining top talent.
Who You Are
- You are a leader and strong people manager looking to serve the team and achieve team goals.
- You have prior research experience and are familiar with the workflow and motivations of researchers.
- You are a strong source of research and engineering talent and are comfortable closing applicants for your team and the business.
- You are a coach who hires, develops and retains exceptional ML Talent.
- You have the technical competency and see the “big picture”. You understand the differences in technical disciplines (particularly on ML side), and which problems are for ML to solve and which are not.
- You are up to date with recent developments in the ML field and are familiar with current trends in the wider ML community.
- You have a proven execution track record that is customer-centric in prioritization – looking to deliver projects that serve the company’s needs and understand the impact.
- You are a good communicator with clear and concise, active listening and empathy skills.
- You collaborate well with teams with different backgrounds/expertise/functions.
- You bring a strong perspective that motivates engineers to develop simple, pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- You have the technical capacity to win respect from ML researchers and are comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution.
- Previously managed a team of 5+ researchers or engineers and have been responsible for their career growth Computer science or engineering background strongly preferred; MS or Ph.D. in machine learning or equivalent work experience a plus.
- Previous experience in conducting research and have published peer-reviewed articles in an ML field.
- Understand the cost of software developmenе/tech debt and long-term maintenance.
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- You have the attitude, have great positive energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest developments.
Here’s all the legal good stuff
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. San Francisco applicants Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1