Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Company’s leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Their real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. They also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join their team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Dataminr is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team working on scaling application development. The team serves other Engineering teams, and initiatives are grounded in improving the feature velocity, code quality, and developer experience across the Customer Engineering organization. As such, it’s important that you have the organizational agility to collaborate with various Product, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver timely solutions.
Who you are:
You are passionate about web platforms. You have a proven track record of improving application engagement and stability while modernizing architecture.
You are a strong engineer with a depth of experience in software development and technical leadership.
You love growing people and developing their careers.
You have experience leading and coaching teams to deliver quality software solutions while having fun.
- Build and lead a team of engineers by hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering to plan, develop, and deliver solutions on time
- Implement a balanced technical roadmap that ensures modernization and future platform growth
- Cultivate a thriving culture that promotes innovation while bringing others along
- Be an active role model in the organization and partner with other leaders to drive positive change
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience building web platforms: UI frameworks, APIs, application infrastructure, toolchains that bring to life data-intensive customer experiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and partner with different levels of the organization
- Prior management and leadership experience, growing, mentoring and developing a team effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant experience
Why you should work at Dataminr:
- Dataminr recognises and rewards hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- Dataminr wants you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership.
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1