As the Senior Advisor of architecture, you will be a key contributor to researching and assessing emerging technologies to enable innovation across the enterprise. As part of the dedicated technology research team within the office of the CTO, you will be responsible for proactively exploring and gaining deep understanding of technological advances, emergent technologies and disruptive trends. You will be responsible for facilitating the ideas of using new and existing technologies in novel and unique ways to support a wide range of technologies including digitization, intelligent business processes automation, artificial intelligence, Blockchain, internet of things, immersive interfaces, and hybrid cloud.
In this role, you will influence business owners, technical leaders, solution architects and integration architects in achieving CVS Health strategic goals by enabling the use of cutting-edge technologies to solve previously unsolved business challenges. You will also partner with other enterprise architects, solution architects, security and infrastructure teams during the pilot implementations of emerging technologies and be primarily responsible for validating conceptual architectures, guiding teams on the design and devising strategies to integrate with other CVS Health enterprise systems. You will serve as an integral partner, guiding application teams to adopt newer technologies to create disruptive and transformational breakthroughs that create new growth opportunities, competitive business services and result in delightful customer experiences.
You will develop integrated views of company’s business capabilities and processes using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. You will also inform enterprise decisions, roadmaps and planning for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the enterprise must develop to satisfy its customers, compete in a market, manage its vendors, and improve operations.
Additionally, you will provide consulting services, including practices, expertise, and resources to tackle business challenges and help identify and manage needed improvements using emerging technologies including identification of new or improved business capabilities.
Additional Accountability Includes
- Defines enterprise-wide practices for capability modeling and taxonomy definitions.
- Develops and maintains overall capability roadmaps based on a situational awareness of industry trends, business strategy, operational goals, and critical business challenges and opportunities.
- Works with the business leaders and program delivery teams to assess current capabilities.
- Works with internal teams, research firms, vendors and universities on technology research initiatives.
- Lead analysis of emerging technologies to identify capabilities that become the basis for the technical transformation strategy, enterprise re-use, and risk mitigation.
- Research and explore emerging technologies to enable innovation across the enterprise.
- Conduct proof-of-technologies, demos, brown bag sessions and generate inspiration for innovative thinking.
- Contribute to knowledge bank and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and solution patterns.
- Collaborate with business owners and IT leaders to identify opportunities to apply emerging technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Provide highest level technical leadership in developing vision, strategy, architecture and overall design for assigned domain and for solutions.
- Adhere to enterprise architecture strategies, principles, standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides consultation to application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range architecture solutions to meet business imperatives.
- Actively facilitates complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and drives decision making process.
- 8+ years’ experience as Technology Architect and/or Enterprise Architect
- Experience with a wide range of new and emerging technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, digitization, intelligent business processes automation, internet of things, immersive interfaces and hybrid cloud.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and applying architecture blueprints and aligning projects to enterprise standards and business solutions
- Experience with unstructured text analytics, cognitive search, voice/natural language processing, image processing and other AI related emerging concepts and technologies
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Experience with Hybrid cloud platforms with working knowledge and/or certification on AWS, Azure or Google cloud platform.
- Mastery of design considerations for high volume transaction systems along with integration and middleware technologies.
- Business thinking and highly strategic in order to define practical solutions that align with corporate strategy. A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities.
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and mobile computing
- Knowledge of blockchain frameworks such as Ethereum and Hyperledger
- Exposure to Big data and Hadoop ecosystem
- Exposure to Agile and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
- Healthcare experience
- Must demonstrate technical leadership, be able to turn vision into action, drive outcomes, and promote common goals and actions.
- T shaped IT professional with depth of knowledge in a few areas and breadth of knowledge in many areas.
- Experience researching groundbreaking, cutting edge technologies and drive innovation to address business needs and making recommendations to senior IT and business leaders based on applicability.
- Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle – must have participated on many projects through their complete lifecycles (requirements, design, development, launch).
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. Will accept High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of experience for every year of college not attained in addition to required years of experience. Masters in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred. MBA is also a plus.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
We Comply With The Laws And Regulations Set Forth In The Following EEO Is The Law Poster
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1