Enterprise Data Architect, Data Governance
Bose is about better sound, but better sound is just the beginning. We’re about inventing new technologies that truly benefit people and creating a culture where innovation and teamwork are highly valued. Working at Bose, you’re encouraged to question conventional thinking in the relentless quest to create products and experiences that change people’s lives. Our culture is as distinctive as our products. Join a company that operates globally, with a culture that embraces new ideas.
We have an exciting Enterprise Data Architect opportunity in our Data Governance group. Our goal is to build a world class data driven organization and to have proactive data quality, enable certified data, provide a searchable data catalog that includes end-to-end lineage visualizations and Data Governance enabling Data Science across Bose.
The candidate should have a broad experience with data management disciplines and the ability to step into different projects and roles under Central Data Organization umbrella. This person will work with solution architects, application developers, process owners, data stewards, data scientists, platform administrators, security engineers and business users to design and implement data governance best practices across Data Management landscape.
If you have a passion for creating a data driven culture by delivering value, please consider a career at Bose!
- Analyze current state of data architecture of various systems – software components, technologies, data models and business processes; incorporate this knowledge into Bose Data Governance platform (Collibra).
- Create future state of data architecture of applications; generate data management artifacts -data models’ diagrams, ETL source-to-target mapping, data dictionaries, data flow diagrams and testing use cases
- Develop integration of Data Governance repository with Bose data management platforms and its components to automate Data Governance processes (metadata capturing, lineage, proactive data quality etc.) on a timely basis.
- Propose and enforce data management best practices, data standards, data management policies and rules across different functional areas of the company;
- Work on establishing Corporate Data Quality Management framework (requirements gathering, vendor selection, platform implementation, applications integration)
Skills, Knowledge And Experiences
- End-to-end Data Management experience, Enterprise Data Architecture vision of a large company and an understanding of Data Governance framework.
- Experience with enterprise data management solutions and platforms in the areas such as MDM, Data Quality Management, Data Governance, Metadata Management, ETL, Data Warehouse and Data Lake
- Experience with Data Model design (conceptual, logical, physical), strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL and columnar databases
- Experience in Big data solutions with the technologies like Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python, NoSQL and Cassandra; cloud solution and data architecture experience (preferable AWS)
- Strong in gaining knowledge of new technologies and conduct proof of concepts of well-established and innovative enterprise software tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, written and verbal communication skills and time management
- Ability to analyze complex data and ability to communicate Data Governance concepts to technical and non-technical staff, to work independently with minimal supervision including the organization and prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines and department goals.
Good To Have
- Application integration experience using MuleSoft technology and RESTful API
- Understanding of machine learning, statistics, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, graph analysis, augmented and virtual reality technologies
- Knowledge of frameworks, like TOGAF, DAMA-DMBOK, Gartner Information Capabilities Framework (ICF)
- Passion for Data, Data Governance, and process.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master is preferable
- Position is based at Boston Landing (Brighton, MA) office
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Business Development
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1