Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role And Responsibilities
Start dates for this position are January 2021 and later
Data scientists are in demand across IBM’s growth areas. If hired, you will be matched to a team based on business demand, location, and fit. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to start your career!
What you’ll do as an Entry Level Data Scientist:
- You will implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- You will be exposed to and incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques such as logistic regression, experimental design, generalized linear models, mixed modeling, CHAID/decision trees, neural networks, and ensemble models.
- You will communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- You will use leading-edge tools such as COGNOS, Watson Studio, and Watson Machine Learning.
- You’ll work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
Who You Are
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development methodologies.
These are office-based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have a basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, SAS, or Python
- Experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python
- Basic knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regressions, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights
- One or more internship or co-op experiences
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for their clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security, and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Their experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join them, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. They believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, they are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1