- Degree in computer science or engineering or related discipline; industry-recognized cloud certifications, patents, open-source contributions are preferred
- 12+ years of experience in engineering – a hands-on leader with a deep engineering track record in modern tech stacks, frameworks, and programming languages
- Extensive track record in engineering large-scale cloud, big data, and analytics implementations in complex usage scenarios and migration paths
- Expert hands-on knowledge in public cloud products, cloud-native architectures, serverless frameworks, Docker/Kubernetes, data security, and integration services
- Deep expertise in building big data ecosystems, analytics and AI/ML platforms and accelerators, data management systems using Hadoop/Spark, Tensorflow, Jupyter, HBase, BI tools, and public cloud ML tools and services
- Experience building enterprise-grade data and analytics platforms that are highly scalable, compliant, and secure with robust data quality, data governance, data discovery, catalog, and visualization capabilities
- Proficient in building large scale systems using Python, Java, or other high-performance languages, developer tools, CI/CD, DevOps, monitoring tools, and engineering cloud migration solutions
- Proven track record in enterprise-wide API management, Microservices, event-driven architectures, and complex integrations
- Experience in building and leading highly effective and agile data and analytics engineering teams
- Track record of collaboration; ability to build strong relations that enable robust debate and survive periodic disagreements regarding priorities
- Influential without direct line management control across multiple cultural environments (Asia/India/Europe/America), other internal McKinsey units, and external third parties
- Ability to communicate effectively with a technical and non-technical audience
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in Waltham and be part of McKinsey’s Technology & Digital function. This function is responsible for developing and delivering all technology solutions for the firm’s internal use. They are taking a cloud-first approach to transforming their data platforms and analytical applications across the firm.
You will work with cloud data engineers to shape and accelerate the delivery of target state cloud-based platforms and the migration of existing data assets to the cloud.
You will work with passionate senior engineers who love to build our data solutions on the cloud that enhances their capability to build great data-driven products, AI/ML capabilities and next-gen client and colleague experiences in a high-energy agile environment.
You’ll be part of their “Enterprise Data & Integration” tribe and work with the teams in their global technology hubs including Waltham, New York City, Prague, and Gurgaon offices.
What You’ll Do
As part of the “Enterprise Data & Integration” tribe, you will be responsible for leading the migration of enterprise data platforms onto the cloud to help accelerate the firm’s cloud-first transformation.
You will play an influential role across the engineering community and help drive the adoption of the modern technology stacks in collaboration with tribes and chapters across T&D, the broader firm, and external strategic partners.
As an expert cloud data engineer, you will design and implement hybrid-cloud data engineering frameworks and accelerators, technical capabilities, and reusable components to drive the cloud migration.
You will be responsible for developing innovative data ingestion solutions to integrate across on-premises and SaaS ecosystems and also help build robust solutions in advanced analytics and AI/ML.
You will also lead an expert team of data engineers that work in this tribe across the global hubs to build target state platforms and migrate existing applications and products.
You will lead the effort to build next-gen data platforms on the cloud to enable their Enterprise colleagues with rapid data access and incubate emerging technologies. You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and partners across product, architecture, design, and operations teams to drive the overall transformation while providing technical leadership and mentoring to the broader data engineering teams. You will also partner with the Firm’s information security to devise and build a secure-by-design cloud data ecosystem, ensuring compliance with privacy, regulatory, and data residency requirements.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1