Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Their approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. They have experienced tremendous growth in their first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
They’re looking for a Supply Strategy Senior Analyst/Manager with strong analytical ability and business acumen to dissect, aggregate and interpret market and operational data at the most granular level. The Supply Strategy Senior Analyst/Manager is expected to make significant contributions to the success of Vroom by generating detailed analyses around core supply metrics to allow their vehicle buying team to make informed, data-driven decisions. Additionally, the Supply Strategy Senior Analyst/Manager will play a major role in driving inventory management and overall inventory decision making. To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a clear and compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with exceptional attention to detail. This position requires a driven self-starter who takes tasks from start to finish, enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, and has a thirst for knowledge to not just understand the “what” but the “why”.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Designing, enhancing, and owning daily and weekly sourcing and inventory reports
• Partnering with our buying team to make data driven decision to improve sales velocity and profitability
• Creating and managing operational models and forecasts, developing compelling outputs that track and predict key supply metrics
• Becoming a subject matter expert on our internal and external data
• Analyzing weekly financial and operational trends to interpret the impact of changes in the business
• Working with key stakeholders to create data driven solutions to business problems
• Constantly maintaining an understanding of both the fine details, and abstract implications, of the above types of work
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in data, data analytics, statistics, and/or inventory management
• Substantial experience with data modeling and high proficiency in Excel
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, science)
• Familiarity with Looker or Tableau a plus
• Passion for cars preferred but not required
• A fast learner who’s driven and motivated to produce best-in-class results
• Desire to propel the business forward and help in all ways possible
• Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
• Ability to multi-task & prioritize
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A strong understanding of basic financial principles
• A combination of EQ and IQ – always balancing creativity, situational awareness and objective information
• An ability to take on, and succeed with, a diverse array of projects that require varying skills and approaches
• A strong desire to work in a startup environment generally, and at Vroom specifically
• An appetite to take on increased responsibility and grow your career quickly
• An ability to create order out of chaos, distill learnings, and communicate findings elegantly to team members.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental & vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But their biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that’s transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. They are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets them out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who they’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling them why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1