Within the Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Firmware Engineer. The software engineer will support the innovation team connectivity initiatives.
- Designs and develops electronic tool embedded software algorithms and specifications for DC controls for hand tools and home products.
- Provides technical leadership in implementing new and breakthrough technologies in the electronics connected product arena for the various product requirements.
- Provides technical leadership in implementing and validating software algorithms through test and simulation work.
- Provides leadership in working with outside suppliers to achieve cost effective systems while delivering the performance requirements that meet the schedule and quality objectives.
- Develops solutions for electronic system related issues as a member of a project team.
- Fosters and maintains a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Assures that appropriate documentation is maintained for work performed.
- Delivers multiple projects of an increasing degree of technical complexity.
- Promotes cross functional teamwork.
- Provides leadership to subordinates, peers and project team, as required.
- Sets direction and works efficiently with internal and external customers.
- Effectively manages assigned personnel to maximize output.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers, and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- BSEE (in Computer Science or Computer Engineering) or equivalent (4 years) from accredited electrical engineering college. Masters a plus in the embedded software field.
- Alternate – Core courses (AA) in embedded software engineering discipline plus experience.
- 2+ years of on-the-job training required
- Proven ability to design and develop embedded electronic systems and circuits.
- Preferred experiences in electronics design/embedded. Microcontrollers and user display systems.
- Preferred experience and knowledge in BLE and/or equivalent communication protocols.
- Ability to generate and evaluate creative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Proven track record delivering projects of increasing complexity, scope and number.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Provides creative ideas and innovation to work processes
- Good problem solving/decision making ability
- Familiarity with design automation tools and computer systems and specific job-related software packages (e.g. compilers, debuggers, IDE etc)
- Familiarity with high volume electronics assembly and test
- Strong ability to work independently with little supervision and on a team
- Strong organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Very detailed-oriented
- Productively work in an engineering type environment
- Prototyping experience
US – GTS – Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1