- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in an analytics, statistician, or data scientist role.
- Experience writing queries and conducting analysis with data manipulation and analysis tools (R, Python, SQL) and techniques (machine learning, statistical analysis).
- 6 years of experience in analytics, statistician, data scientist, or consultant role.
- Experience in Operations Research and or Systems Engineering
- Experience with time-series analysis and forecasting methods.
- Knowledge of Customer Service operations.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About The Job
Gtech’s Product and Tools Operations team (GPO) leverages deep user, operational, and technical insights to innovate Google’s Ads products into customer experiences that are so intuitive (or automated) that they require no support at all. PTO partners closely with Gtech’s Support, Professional Services, Product Management, and Engineering teams to innovate and simplify their Ads products and build the productivity tools ecosystem for gTech users.
gTech’s role is to help bring Google’s products to life for millions of customers globally. Solutions are rooted in technical skills, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of customers’ complex needs.
The Analytics and Insights team manages and utilizes data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems while also providing operational analytics and reporting. The team combines analytical rigor, objectivity and an understanding of the business’ strategies and operations to enable gTech and the Ads ecosystem business to drive smart business decisions.
As a Forecasting Manager, you will lead the Global Customer Care volume forecasting team, which includes a research and development element and an operational element, overseeing people, methodology, and process.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Their teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Their solutions are rooted in their technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of their customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything they do aims to ensure their customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out their video.
- Build and manage a team responsible for statistical and predictive models to improve global operations, including volume forecasting and capacity planning for the Ads Global Customer Care operation.
- Analyze data on operations e.g. spikes or dips in customer support cases or related metrics using advanced analytics – including statistical modeling and machine learning – and develop insights and recommend strategies for business partners.
- Collaborate with tools and platforms teams on timelines and requirements for implementing new or revised features for improving Ads operations.
- Provide analytical thought leadership, proposing feasible solutions to business and operational challenges, using context developed through trusted partnerships with business stakeholders.
At Google, they don’t just accept difference—they celebrate it, they support it, and they thrive on it for the benefit of their employees, their products, and their community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. They are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1