At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to their close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Their network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
They’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to their entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets them apart and keeps their colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is on a mission to help the Healthcare industry take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the quality and affordability of care. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
They are looking for an experienced Big Data Architect to work with one of their largest customers located in Boston, MA. Preference will be given to Boston based candidates, although travelers will be considered.
Perficient’s Technical Architects provide technical solution design, as well as technical implementation guidance and leadership, and are lazer focused on providing innovative solutions to solve their customers’ most challenging business and technical needs. As an architect at Perficient you will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and /or development team members.
- Define technical/solution architectures, including system, sub-system, and component designs which their project teams will implement for and with their customers.
- Play the role of technical leader for a diverse project team which includes architects, modelers, analysts, developers, and testers, providing technical direction, guidance, and mentoring to the team. This includes managing the team’s work allocation, tracking deliverables, and communicating status across a multi-shore project team.
- Create/Author/Edit architecture documents, design documents, data flow diagrams, and system Run Books, and drive reviews for these deliverables as well as development work products, jobs/pipelines and mappings.
- Define and ensure compliance to best practices, including driving and participating in design and code review sessions and process.
- Proactively identify and communicate issues and risks, preferably spotting issues before they have meaningful impact, proactively addressing/preventing these issues and risks.
- Participate in QA strategy and planning and play a role in the defect triage and prioritization process.
- As a leader, train and mentor PRFT and customer resources as necessary throughout project execution.
- Play a technical SME/lead role for architectural assessment, strategy and roadmap projects .
- 8+ years of technical leadership experience working with enterprise class data architectures, including data warehouses and data lakes.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- 5+ years working with Hadoop, including: Hive, Hbase, Spark, Sqoop, Nifi, Kafka and HDFS.
- Strong Hands-on SQL query language development in an RDBMS environment, including strength writing complex queries and tuning data pipelines/jobs and databases to maximize performance.
- Mature, in-depth knowledge and understanding, at a hands-on level, of Big Data environments, concepts, and implementation patterns using Hadoop and other modern data technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Unix scripting
- Understanding and working knowledge of ETL, ELT, Data-warehousing concepts, models, loading, and implementation patterns.
- Working knowledge of Jira tasks and assignments
- Experience defining solution and technical architectures for new solutions, including experience driving project team execution from an architectural stand point across the complete project lifecycle within defined and finite timeframes.
- Experience leading globally distributed cross-functional project teams.
- Must have experience developing software using agile scrum frameworks with the ability to act as a scrum master when needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Understanding of AWS S3 and cloud architectures generally (nice to have)
- Data profiling and modeling experience (nice to have)
- Prior experience working in the Healthcare domain Data profiling and modeling experience (nice to have)
- Past consulting experience is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. They offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing their colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, data & analytics, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient delivers vision, execution and value with outstanding data & analytics, digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions; Perficient’s Health Sciences industry practice is the largest industry focus area within Perficient.
Their work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient’s professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1