Would you like to join Fortune 7 CVS Health’s dynamic Development and CTO Team team? As the head of Big Data and Development, you will directly lead a pioneering team of 20+ for the strategy, roadmap and implementation of the Big Data platform at CVS Health. This key service delivery leadership role is accountable for leading the organization that provides access to transformative information through data and analytics, business intelligence and data discovery.
You will need to develop an influential partnership with CVS Health leaders’ across the Enterprise Analytics team, Development teams, Client Services, Specialty, Med D and other groups to drive insights and innovation for our enterprise wide initiatives. In addition, you will be responsible for delivering a robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that ingest, conform and aggregate data and enable data for analysts, marketers and scientists, to easily innovate and experiment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will drive a data-driven culture; craft and lead metadata, data security, data quality standards, data privacy and compliance policies through innovation, technical and industry knowledge.
- You will influence and deliver projects on-time, on-budget and aligned to enterprise standards and reference architectures.
- You will optimize delivery to reuse capabilities and continually reduce cost while improving quality of delivery and operations.
- You will advise and provide guidance to business and IT application leaders the benefits of shared services in developing new capabilities.
- You will define the strategy and processes needed to achieve operational and engineering perfection.
You have a minimum of 12 years of experience in professional software development and in managing and mentoring teams starting from conception to implementation of projects. This experience will include the following:
- Exposure to “data lake” concepts, discovery platforms utilizing Hadoop technologies.
- Experience applying big data and analytics industry practices to identify and solve complex commercial challenges.
- Experience building and leading large high performing complex and technical teams that drive the best big data practices and methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as Hadoop, Tableau, Teradata, Aster, Tableau semantic layer.
- Understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- You have capacity to architect highly scalable distributed systems using different vendor and open source tools and technologies.
- You can deliver incremental outcomes by leading and scaling data teams and using strong operational skills to drive efficiency & speed.
- You have excellent prioritization skills to quickly triage and provide direction on a range of complex issues daily.
- You have strong organizational leadership skills and the ability to develop and grow high performing teams.
- You can build and maintain strong companywide working relationships across multiple levels of the
- Your organization skills include collaborating with highly technical teams.
- You have the ability and desire to continuously learn and actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged for the better of the enterprise.
- Bachelors Degree required,
- Masters Degree preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Furthermore, We Comply With The Laws And Regulations Set Forth In The Following EEO Is The Law Poster
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
- Information Technology & Services
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1