About this role
Within SeMI, they work at the forefront of new ML-based technologies. Therefore, they are looking for somebody to help translate business questions into research questions, manage the research team, recruit Ph.D. candidates, and promote and publish the work. You will be working closely with the product and engineering teams to learn what is happening daily basis and what research our community might benefit from.
What they are looking for
- You have experience in both academia and business.
- You have excellent communication skills to be a bridge between research and business.
- You have experience in creating research templates and you are able to devise ways (e.g., launching a volunteer research program, kaggle-esque research competition using problem statements) to be prolific in its research output.
- Track developments in the vector search ecosystems to spot new trends and formulate strategies to integrate them into our software stack or business.
What they offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies – and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced team members to learn from.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences, publish blog posts, videos, etc. (We are aware that this is not for everyone and is therefore optional).
About SeMI Technologies
At SeMI Technologies, they believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a solid open-source community is the basis for creating high-quality software. their flagship solution is the vector search engine Weaviate, with which they aim to serve any community member, large or small, all over the world. Will you join them in this mission?
- Openness by Default – they believe that the best way to create community and build new technology can only be done by being open and transparent. The open nature of their company is not limited to open-source software but also how they communicate with the outside world.
- Listening to their Community – the community of users and customers around the technologies they build have been tremendously gracious in giving them feedback, sharing ideas, and contributing ideas. They go to great lengths to listen and process all forms of feedback to create the best solutions they can.
- Quality – they create core infrastructure that companies in any industry, foundations, and governments rely on. This means they need to develop high-quality software and processes to support them. Every change in software and processes must stand reliability and performance quality control. They always think about the production environment and the impact on existing, and new users first. Additionally, they show their standards through developer friendly-UX and open-source software.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1