Intern, Data Science – 33195
Data Science – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is the largest measurement company in the world with unique measurement technologies, assets, and data that make it one of the most interesting and challenging places for a data scientist to work. We focus on what consumers watch, listen to, and buy in over 95 countries.
Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility indirectly affecting the results of our business and our clients. This Data Science Intern role in the Data Integration team provides an opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation in the exciting and fast-changing world of media measurement. This is an ideal position to grow as a researcher, contribute to innovative products, and develop subject-matter expertise in digital methodology and cross-platform audience measurement.
The Data Integration team within the Data Science Watch Methods organization focuses on improving and enhancing Nielsen’s methods of combining disparate media datasets. As part of this exciting team, this position will focus on improving Nielsen’s existing methodologies and exploring new machine learning methods in order to enhance or expand the data delivered to clients.
We are looking for an intern who is available for the summer of 2019.
- Education background in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology (Quantitative), Graduate level preferred, will consider Juniors/Seniors
- Must be proficient with Python, Spark, or Scala to develop sharable software with the appropriate technical documentation.
- Must be proficient in SQL and large-scale databases.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to work alone and with a team
- Must have critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate results in order to make decisions
- Must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and validate enhanced audience measurement methodologies.
- Independently write custom Python and SQL code.
- Drive technical solutions to complex business problems. From lightweight automation to designing and building robust/scalable solutions. Strong focus on optimization.
- Key tasks include – but are not limited to – trend analyses, identifying methodological and process improvements, representation/ sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data integration, automation, generalization, data integration, examining large volumes of data, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
- Pro-actively gather information, as needed, to work independently and with a team.
- Support in detecting and addressing quality escapes.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit https://www.lin
edin.com/redir/general-malware-page?url=www%2enielsen%2ecom Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital st
tus, protected vetera
status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Internship Prima
y Location: New York , New York Secondary Locations: , , , Travel: No
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1