Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world’s leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
Are you an early adopter of the latest technology? Do you love following developments in fields like robotics, drones, and IoT? Have you installed a connected home system? If you did, do you think the connected home experience could be improved? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we’d love to hear from you!
According to a recent report by Zacks, the global robotic systems market, which was worth about $5.5B in 2011, will reach $13.5B by 2018. Tamara Walsh of Motley Fool writes, “Robots are fast becoming a critical part of various industries around the world. More companies are using robotics to make their businesses more efficient.” And their homes.
Within this high-growth sector, iRobot continues to command its robotics-based home automation market. The company released its latest version of the Roomba, the 980, which is now wi-fi and app-enabled. The Roomba is the most successful domestic robotic product in the world; it controls about 75% of the North American segment, and holds a sizable lead in Europe as well, according to Adam Fleck of Morningstar. Fleck adds, “We think the firm holds a strong perceived product advantage, and intellectual property should further shield it from meaningful competition.”
Long-term winners in the consumer robotics market will be those that continue to build class-leading customer experiences spanning closely interlinked physical and digital products. Additionally, winners in the consumer and home robotics space will be those that build experiences that integrate seamlessly with the broader and fast-evolving ecosystem of connected home products and services. Colin Angle, our CEO, has already laid out a vision for iRobot’s future customer experience that was described as a “Google scale” solution by Andy Rubin, the founder of Android. Of paramount importance to realizing this vision is the creation of world-class digital experiences and products.
As the company builds these new digital experiences and products, it needs strong digital product management expertise. The Digital Product Manager will be a key strategic and business leader in helping to accomplish this.
Digital Product Manager will be part of a newly created organization charged with creating best-in-class digital products and customer experiences. This role will work closely with Engineering, UX, Consumer Research, Advanced R&D, Data Science, Marketing, and Sales. The role will drive key experiences within our mobile home app and will be a key contributor to the development of brand new digital products leveraging iRobot’s ability to capture data in the home and interact with other connected home systems.
- Product owner of digital experience, Voice Integration– leading team of UX and development through discovery and delivering of highly desirable consumer experiences, using dual track agile.
- Work with key Smart Home partners, including Google and Amazon.
- Coordinate go-to-market activities globally, making sure all supporting assets and functions including Customer Service, Global Marketing, and Public Relations are ready for launch.
- Lead creation of a world-class customer experience, spanning both digital and physical product.
- Define and track key metrics that demonstrate product success
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the connected home and broader tech spaces. Champion iRobot integration with connected home tech that will actually move the needle from an experience standpoint (not just because it’s cool tech).
- Be a thought leader for digital strategy within the broader organization.
- Collaborate with peers to identify the next generation of digital products for iRobot. If you had a small army of connected, mobile sensor platforms at your disposal, what would you do with it?
- Some domestic and international travel required
- A customer-centric approach. Experience with design thinking and dual track scrum.
- Experience with voice technology and smart home integration.
- Demonstrated success in Digital Product Management with close collaboration with Software Engineering. We would love to see products you are working on or have launched.
- Experience with product management of iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Previous involvement in testing (QA and customer validation) specifically voice commands and skills.
- Ability to perform competitive and landscape analysis to stay up to date on what else is in the market.
- 3+ years of experience in product management with an Innovative firm
- 2+ years of experience with a leading consumer product/service firm
- Experience with new partnerships within the SmartHome space and managing those relationships.
- Background in mixed hardware / software product development, and/or highly engineered products
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Product Management
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1