Named as one of Fortune’s List of 100 Fastest Growing Companies for 2019, EPAM is committed to providing its global team of 33,100+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Their people are the source of their success and they value collaboration, try to always understand their customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM Systems are looking to recruit Big Data Engineer with experience of working with both Java and Scala
for a high-profile client in London. They work on several different projects in a real mix of sectors. This requirement is primarily based onsite with a longstanding EPAM customer. It is an excellent opportunity is being part of something huge, a long-standing digital transformation working with cutting edge technologies in the Data area.
You will be responsible for the ongoing build of the existing platform, as well as getting involved with multiple greenfield projects. This, in turn, gives you the opportunity to really showcase your skills both to the benefit of the client, and to magnify your own potential for growth here at EPAM.
They pride themselves on being an organization that supports your technical development, unleashing your real potential, whilst still nurturing the core values of what it means to be an EPAMer.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in their DNA.
They’re looking for a Senior Developer who:
– Can manage and drive key initiatives and projects
– Is Passionate About What You Do
– Values excellence, learning, and integrity
– Enjoy a work environment that places emphasis on teamwork, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– Proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– A self-sufficient, quick learner, who can work well both independently as well as in a team
– An excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Mentor other developers in technical areas, Software Development Process and company standards and practices
- Work with both internal and vendor development/business teams
- Travel to client sites as needed
- Communicate directly with customers
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work both independently and in close collaboration with others in the team and across the business
- Extensive experience working with Java and Scala
- Understanding of BigData techniques and approaches
- Experience with BigData and Data services on GCP
- Understand of Pub/Sub (Kafka)
- Understand of DataFlow and Apache Beam
- Understanding of how to develop containerized applications (Docker + K8s)
- Understanding of the full SDLC and Software QA of SDLC (unit testing is a MUST)
What They Offer
- They offer a range of discretionary benefits from time to time, including:
- Group personal pension plan, life assurance, and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care, and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage, and social events
- 1 day off for your wedding and baby basket
- Tech purchase scheme
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1