To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians, and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate, and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon their people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. They’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. They’re only as good as their people. So, finding the best people is everything to them.
They serve millions, but they choose their people one at a time…
In the current pandemic, the vast majority of Babylonians are working from home full time but their South Kensington office is open for those who need it. You probably want some flexibility around your hours & remote working. Maybe you’ve got little people or side projects. Or maybe this just enables you to work better.
Who are they looking for?
They’re looking for Java Engineers experienced in developing scalable, well-tested, and maintainable applications/microservices using any (or no) framework. You must be able to translate design and specs into maintainable, usable applications. They want a strong team member, who knows how to work within an agile team to produce high-quality software. You will help them build and support great products across Babylon, in order to make health care affordable and accessible for everyone.
- Build secure, scalable, performant, and operable back-end services
- Design and implement efficient and reliable back-end code
- Work closely with UX designers, delivery managers, and front-end engineers to implement an awesome product
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Write automated tests
- Be ready to make Babylon Health better for their users and coworkers
- Java 11
- Spring Boot
- CircleCI and Azure Pipeline for continuous integration/delivery
- Has hands-on experience with working on at least one commercial Java application
- Experience with event-driven and microservices architectures
- Experience working on teams practicing Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
- You are comfortable with CI/CD automation for; CircleCI, Jenkins, Azure pipelines, or terraform
They believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything they do. From their people to their products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. They’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, they have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and they seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Their mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1