They are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. They are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ They ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. They believe as their company grows, so should you. They believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Junior Analyst Data Science
The financial crime solutions team builds products and services powered by payment data. By combining data science techniques with an intimate knowledge of payment data they develop solutions that will improve outcomes for people, businesses and economies.
Headquartered in The City of London, and operating globally, they craft bespoke algorithms that help their clients gain an understanding of the behavior that drives their business. The junior analyst data science position is an engineering role in the wider data science team.
The role is to design, develop and deploy financial crime solutions, working within the Data Science Group. The role is designed to provide a financial crime solutions team with the capability to develop data science-driven products from conception to deployment.
The Junior Analyst Data Science Will
- Design and build software products in Python, Go & SQL to deliver data science outputs to clients.
- Contribute to Proof of Concept and prototyping activities performed by the wider Data Science Group.
- Track and disseminate technological developments in the data science space. * Contribute to the architectural design of the financial crime solutions team portfolio.
- Develop and sharpen financial crime solutions teams’ and product design and build processes.
First and foremost you enjoy building products to solve real, pressing problems for your clients. You enjoy working in a team and have an interest in data science and how advanced algorithms may be deployed as product offerings. You are excited by new technology and new approaches to development and are keen to promote their use in an enterprise setting. You are detail-oriented, and enjoy writing and reviewing code.
- Demonstrable ability to write Python and SQL in a production context. You are happy to learn new programming languages and frameworks as necessary.
- You have a firm grasp of traditional data warehousing, can write SQL, and can optimize the use of a large relational database.
- You have experience with and are interested in, contemporary approaches to service design, including the use of containers and container orchestration technologies, streaming data platforms, APIs and in-memory/NoSQL stores.
- You are comfortable working in an agile software development workflow, including sprint planning, testing, and continuous integration. You are also happy to evolve along with the financial crime solutions team development processes, and contribute to its development.
- You are comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders, including subject matter experts, data scientists, software engineers, and enterprise DevOps and security professionals.
- Ability to engage with best practices for code review, version control, and change control, balancing the need for a quality codebase with the unique and particular demands of early-stage product research.
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic team with different backgrounds
- You are comfortable working under different time constraints, some projects need MVP to be created in a quick timeframe.
- You are comfortable with Unix / Posix shell.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1