- Bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding academic record in agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, agronomy, food science or related agricultural subject
- 1 year of post-undergraduate work experience is ideal though they will consider recent graduates with relevant internship experience
- Strong understanding and interest in agriculture and related industries and be willing to gain specific industry knowledge
- The highly curious and creative team member who has strong people skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work in their Waltham, MA Client Capability Hub as a Junior Capabilities & Insights Analyst focused on Agriculture topics.
McKinsey’s Global Client Capability Network is unique in the business world. Their global network has 1,800+ analysts and experts who work alongside their consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. To develop this knowledge, McKinsey invests $400 million each year in research programs. Their sophisticated portfolio of services includes custom analytics, diagnostics and bench markings, world-class expertise and research, and cutting-edge practice and knowledge management.
The Agriculture team is part of McKinsey’s Global Chemicals & Agriculture Practice and serves clients across the broad spectrum of agricultural value chains from e.g. agricultural inputs, crops, livestock to primary processing. You will work closely with their global Chemicals & Agriculture knowledge network team consisting of ~30 colleagues worldwide.
You will leverage your research skills and industry experience to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients in order to prioritize research projects. You’ll identify the data, information, and analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you’ll conduct timely cost-effective research.
Additionally, you’ll synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products including written memos, numerical analysis, and presentations. You’ll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise working alongside industry experts. You’ll also collaborate with the global Agriculture search team to build and share knowledge, best practices, and new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of their knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects.
They will help you to build your expertise, skillset, and become a highly effective industry expert.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1