They work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, their innovations, and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Their decency quotient, or DQ, drives their culture and everything they do inside and outside of their company. They cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. They believe that their differences enable them to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Junior Data Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Their mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, their innovations, and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Their decency quotient, or DQ, drives their culture and everything they do inside and outside of their company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, they are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The UK Finance Systems team is looking for Data Scientist to drive our information a support strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and process minded, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses a can-do attitude.
- Responsible for developing data-driven innovative analytical solutions and identifying opportunities to support business and client needs in a quantitative manner and facilitate informed recommendations/decisions
- Activities include developing and creating predictive models, behavioral segmentation frameworks, profitability analyses, ad hoc reporting, and data visualizations
- Aggregates and collates client data sets and conducts data manipulation and technical analysis leveraging industry techniques and best practices to identify trends and draw insights
- Cleans and structures data sets fed to downstream analytics
- Assists with the development and validation of dashboards and reports for client/ stakeholder projects
- Escalates technical errors or bugs detected in project work
- Assists with ad hoc work as delegated by senior-level colleagues
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of statistical analytical techniques, coding, and data engineering
- Experience leveraging open source tools, predictive analytics, machine learning, and other data techniques to perform basic analyses
- Experience developing and configuring dashboards
- Demonstrated judgment when escalating issues to the project team
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- The role will involve working with stakeholders from across the business requiring the ability to explain technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- Strong data analysis combined with an adaptable logical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to interpret and understand requirements and explain complex findings to stakeholders
- Identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team
- Adept and finding potential solutions to solve problems and improve efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have some, or all the below skills:
- Strong Excel ability including Functions and Macro.
- Coding knowledge and or Background.
- SQL (Data Analysis Skills).
- OBIEE / PowerBI or Similar knowledge.
Due to COVID-19, most of their employees are working from home. They’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. They value the safety of each member of their community because they know they’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1