Their street pricing strategy is the responsibility of the Retail Pricing team – every day their pricing, data science and analytics experts are optimising prices to maximise the value generated through customer acquisition and retention.
Using advanced machine learning techniques and extensive, diverse datasets their Data Scientists build predictive models of customer behaviour and market dynamics, deploying them to enhance their pricing algorithms.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. They’ve doubled their customer base in just three years and they now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It’s their attitude and the way they run their business that makes them different. They focus on getting it right for their colleagues, customers, company and community. It’s a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You’ll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence their company, benefit the communities they work in and have some fun along the way.
Collaborating with some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you will work with their Hadoop warehouse to create features and extract data for modelling, learn the art of combining statistical and machine learning modelling approaches, and develop new pricing algorithms and tests to drive innovation.
Location is flexible, either based at their city office in Cannon Street, or their Bexhill Group Head office down by the sea. Either way, flexible home working is an option and regular travel between offices is required.
Some of the skills and experience they’re looking for, the rest they will show you
- Degree (Masters preferred) in a numerical discipline (e.g. mathematics, sciences, engineering, computing)
- SQL and experience working with large or complex datasets; experience with Hadoop and/or Spark would be great but not essential
- R/Python/Matlab or coding statistical methods in other languages
- Building classification and/or regression models (e.g. GLMs); practical experience with machine learning models would be really good
As a growing business this role is critical to their delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Creative thinker and problem solver – they’ve always got new challenges
- Cares about the detail – because small errors can have big impacts
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment – organisation and multi-tasking are key
- Hungry for knowledge – always seeking to learn, develop and come up with new ideas
- Communicates effectively – because their stakeholders don’t always get it
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means they treat people fairly. They welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that they have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1