As a member of the Global Catalog & Analysis team you will support this journey by building software and tools that will assist everyone from other engineers deciding what technology to use in their next project, to executives looking to understand the shape and content of Nike’s constantly evolving technology landscape.
What is the vision for this team?
- Nike has begun a multi-year journey that will digitally transform the company towards becoming a platform-led company to accelerate business agility, faster time-to-market, scalability, and cost effectiveness that will drive the next generation of exponential growth, amazing consumer experiences, and innovation.
- This is a 3–5-year journey of moving Nike’s entire Global Technology from a fragmented, disparate, duplicative and non-integrated footprint to a more agile, composable, reusable, mature and resilient set of platforms that will Unlock digital transformation at scale.
- This multi-year transformation requires development of tools and services to provide analysis to the evolving technology landscape across all of Nike.
What you will work on:
- Business and Technology primary point of contact for Applications Data Capture (as it relates to Application Lifecycle Management)
- Work with the business & technology teams to explain data requirements for capturing Applications information
- Act as a multi-functional connection between engineering leadership and architecture
- Provide guidance and partner with engineering leadership and architecture teams by applying knowledge of data design
- Analyze existing and new data to ensure consistency, correctness and completeness
- Query datasets from various data sources and perform ad-hoc data analysis
- Investigative analysis on functional difficulties (data capture process gaps)
- Help establish and maintain processes to support massive data capture at scale and ensure data is kept up to date
- Work with report developers to align dataset design with report design
- Partner with enterprise data management and strategy on governance and stewardship
- Participate in data definition and data management reviews
- Partner with QA in test planning activities, especially in data integration efforts
What you bring to Nike:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent; or 5 years of equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 5 years of experience in Data Modeling and design
- 5 years of experience in data analysis, business analysis or system analysis
- Strong knowledge of Relational and Dimensional data modeling concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where change is constant
- Ability to handle ambiguous requirements
- Strong data analysis and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Proficient in database design, implementation and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to accomplish diverse goals
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Excellent foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design patterns and enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with driving culture changes in a fast-paced Engineering environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced & results-oriented environment
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion for data
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1