Salesforce is embarking on their own Digital Transformation to deliver customer success for their customers and accelerate their growth. A key pillar of this transformation is building a strong data foundation to support all of their core marketing needs through intelligent data sets as a service.
They’re looking for an experienced and committed data engineering lead who would deliver Salesforce Marketing’s data foundation and automated datasets. This lead will work closely with product management, data science, data visualization, and analyst teams to support them by building data architecture and data pipelines using Google Cloud Platform(GCP), who would consume this data for producing business-driven insights and AI solutions.
The right candidate will have strong experience with data infrastructure, data architecture, ETL, SQL, automation, data frameworks, and processes to rapidly integrate disconnected and disparate data sources into automated datasets for analyst’s consumption. The candidate will also have a proven track record working with enterprise metrics, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, expertise building repeatable data engineering processes, strong project management skills, and a vision for how to deliver data products. Experience with marketing and sales data sets is a huge plus.
- Design and Implement of data pipelines, both batch and real-time, that produces reliable data for various data consumption use cases.
- Help manage Marketing data platforms which include the Google Cloud stack, Amazon Web services, and traditional data-warehouses such as Oracle.
- Manage all aspects of dataset design, creation, and curation; including the frameworks to derive metrics to deliver data products for KPI’s, visualization, data science, analyst and stakeholder teams
- Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that showcase reliable, accurate, easy-to-understand metrics and operational KPIs to stakeholders for data pipeline quality and performance.
- Drive design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production systems
- Be the subject matter expert for data, pipeline design, and other related big data and programming technologies.
- Proactively identify reliability & data quality problems and drive triaging and remediation process
- Partner with data producers in understanding data sources, enable data contracts, and define the data model that drives analytics
- Partner with Analysts and Data Scientists on delivering reliable data that powers actionable insights
- Evaluate various technologies and platforms in open source and proprietary products. Execute proof of concept on new technology and tools to pick the best tools and solutions.
- Understanding data governance practices such as metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries a huge plus.
- Foster strong collaboration between globally distributed team members
- Harness operational excellence & continuous improvement with a can-do attitude.
Qualification And Skills
- You have to love data – this is what they do. They are looking for people who are excited about different and unique data sets, and all the ways that they could be used in order to improve user experience.
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, with 13+ years total experience and 8+ years of relevant experience within the big data/data warehousing domain.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS concepts, data structures, and distributed data processing patterns.
- Expertise in programming pipelines in languages like Python, Scala, Java, etc.
- Expertise in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, Containers, Kubernetes. (GCP Preferred)
- Experience with version control systems (Github, BitBucket, etc..) and CI/CD tools.
- Experience in data orchestration & scheduling tools like Airflow, Control-M, Autosys, Tidal, etc.
- Proven track record in building products on some production-grade systems.
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production.
- Passionate, curious, self-starter and innovative mentality.
- Hands-on knowledge of salesforce products and functionalities a plus.
- Experience with Sales and Marketing data is a huge plus
To understand coding skills better, include below along with your resume:
- Github account and an example of source code worked
- A brief description of your skills, interests, and work style
- Link to blog or webpage
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce they believe that the business of business is to improve the state of their world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. They are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1