Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester, or Amsterdam, they provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform the industry.
Software Engineers at Disney Streaming Services develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and their partners. The products they build, such as ESPN+, Disney+, MLB.TV and NHL.TV, are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies. Their Engineering team for Disney Streaming Services is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York City. Other office locations also include the SoMo area of San Francisco, CA, and several international locations.
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
If you are interested in joining Disney Streaming Services in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, they are interested in hearing from you.
- Architect and build the Disney+ marketing data ecosystem to enable data activation and segmentation capabilities across growth and retention marketing
- Collaborate with lifecycle and product marketing teams to drive subscriber engagement by using data forward solutions to messaging
- Build integrations with paid media platforms to optimize marketing spend through data and analytics
- Partner with marketing stakeholders to gather data requirements and design solutions that perform at scale
- Develop batch and real-time data pipelines, integrate Martech stack with other engineering services such as personalization and experimentation
- Create data catalogs and validations to ensure quality and correctness of key operational datasets and metrics
- Coach data engineers on best practices and technical concepts of building large scale data platforms
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and fosters a culture of innovation and excellence
- 6+ years in big data and/or data-intensive projects in industry or research
- 4-6 years of experience developing in object-oriented Python
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, EMR, S3, Spark
- Demonstrated understanding of data engineering tools and practices, including tools and platforms such as Airflow, Databricks, Snowflake, and Jenkins
- Experience with deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Athena, and Redshift
- Familiar with metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
- Ability to deliver technical solutions in the face of ambiguity
- Experience implementing marketing technology stacks including real-time messaging and attribution pipelines
- Experience integrating with ML platforms and experimentation frameworks
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks, experience in full-stack development a plus
- Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1