Due to continued growth, they’re looking to hire a Lead Data Scientist to join their Data Services team at AXA PPP healthcare in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about Data and Analytics, and the opportunities it can bring to an organization such as AXA.
They’re an expanding team, built from scratch to transform the way that AXA analyses data and supports change orientation.
They’re disrupting the market, challenging big business thinking and working differently.
If you’re interested in driving change that improves their services and helps make people get healthier you will love working at AXA.
Data Insight, the area that you would be working within, is supportive and collaborative in nature – they love their work and crunching data, but are equally interested in emerging talent, living healthily, innovating, challenging the norm and generating business value.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Lead Data Scientist will combine internal and external data sources, providing complex analysis such as modeling data trends and data visualizations to identify market and customer opportunities.
This role will help the organization to change its view of data and consider how they can use it more effectively at an individual and organizational level.
Skills & Experience
- Academic background in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science or similar experience and aptitude
- Great communication skills
- Advanced SQL and data interrogation skills
- Must have R, Spark and/or Python (or similar query-based or high-level programming experience) to an expert level
- Practice with data visualization (eg. Tableau, PowerBI, Matplotlib, plot.ly, C3.js, Dataiku, etc.)
- Good knowledge and practice of machine learning, including libraries (e.g. sci-kit-learn, Spark MLlib, R packages)
- Practical experience delivering several examples of innovative, data-driven solutions on large or complex data sets including gathering, extensive data manipulation, and iteration of analytics
- Hands-on aptitude for picking up new technologies relevant to the data manipulation, data analytics, and data visualization domain
- Advanced skills/expertise in data mining, social network analysis, and text mining
- Proficiency at transforming data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality, data linkages, and data cleansing issues
What They Can Do For You
AXA PPP’s head office is based in Tunbridge Wells across 4 sites. This role, in particular, will be based out of their International House building in Hawkenbury, just outside of the town center. So if you are currently doing the commute into London and looking for a new venture closer to home but with all the benefits and opportunities of a large corporation, this may be the role for you…
- Annual performance related bonus
- Private healthcare cover
- Life cover
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (with ability to buy and sell holiday)
- Various national and local discounts
AXA is proud to support the needs of their employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. They are therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1