ViiV Healthcare has an important purpose which is to leave no person living with HIV behind. They are delivering on this by developing and providing access to innovative HIV medicines that address medical unmet needs and make HIV a smaller part of people’s lives. If you are a data scientist who is inspired by the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people living with HIV then read on …
With a stretching plan for company growth and as part of an ambitious Data and Analytics (D&A) transformation, ViiV has decided to make a significant investment in building advanced analytics capabilities.
The Lead Data Scientist is accountable for driving the development of predictive analytics models to solve challenging and complex business problems through technical consulting and value delivery leadership.
- Lead technical aspects of data science and analytics, including building, evaluating, and deploying predictive analytics models and deep dives.
- Champion a broad range of data products to ensure business impact (e.g. multi-channel marketing optimization, next best action, recommender systems, and deep-dive visualizations)
- Collaborate with team-members in code reviews and critical feedback sessions to continuously improve product delivery
- Distill complex analytical findings into simple, understandable, and effective messages. Use excellent written, verbal communication and digital media skills for coordinating across teams and engaging and influencing stakeholders within the insights and analytics and tech community
- Work across disciplines to recommend the best solution for the problem at hand, including data science and non-data science solutions (e.g. rules-based systems)
- Continually learn new analytical skills, techniques, and tools to maximize competitive advantage; participate in internal & external technology communities
- Partner with and influence stakeholders across the ViiV insights & analytics space and in the broader tech organization in the development of the ViiV data architecture and data governance framework
First and foremost, you will be enthusiastic and energized about data and be driven to share that knowledge and excitement with others. In addition:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM subject and experience in a related field i.e. programming, statistics, data science OR equivalent experience (Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Engineering, Computer Science, or similar)
- Hands-on experience with advanced analytics, deep insight, and machine learning in a commercial environment.
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable code.
- Broad knowledge of tech; comfortable recommending non-data science solutions where appropriate, and onboarding temporary developer resources where needed
- Proven experience in effective stakeholder management and strong influencing skills. Including data visualization and communication.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and leading team-mates in statistics and machine learning
- Core technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of data science fundamentals (OLS, RandomForest, Logistic regression, statistics).
- Knowledge of common analytics tools (Python, Sklearn, Pandas, SQL)
- Data visualization libraries (Seaborn, matplotlib)
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment, and discretion while handling sensitive information
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or Ph.D. – in a STEM subject and experience in the related field i.e. programming, statistics, data science OR equivalent experience (Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Engineering, Computer Science, ML, AI, Bioinformatics or similar)
- Demonstrated experience delivering data products via Azure (e.g. data bricks, data lake, etc)
- Experience in dashboard tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, shiny)
- Knowledge of the data landscape in healthcare (EHR, claims data, real-world data, HEOR data) and/or Experience in healthcare/pharmaceutical)
- Experience in sales and digital marketing analytics
At GSK they are a science-led global healthcare company. They research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines, and Consumer Healthcare. Their mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better, and live longer.
They have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries, and large R&D centers in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium, and China.
WHAT DO THEY OFFER?
At GSK they are all inspired by the difference they make and challenge themselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why they have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to their mission, and be proud of what they achieve.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package Offered Is
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
As a company driven by their values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, and Integrity, they know inclusion and diversity are essential for them to be able to succeed. They want all their colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good, and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, they want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, they are open to all talent. In the US, they also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
They believe in an agile working culture for all their roles. If flexibility is important to you, they encourage you to explore with their hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact them if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to their process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1