Lead Data Scientist – 35398
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information company. We’re passionate about measuring and analyzing how people interact with digital and traditional media, and in-store environments-locally and globally. Businesses worldwide use our services to better manage their brands, launch and grow product portfolios, and optimize their media mix.
The primary role of a Lead Data Scientist in Product Enhancement will be to lead the support and enhancement of the Nielsen set of products for the US Client Data Science team. This role will include in depth data analysis through the support of internal and external requests, the understanding and application of Nielsen methodologies, and collaboration with internal and external clients. This role provides a great opportunity to work in a team environment, with touch points into many different departments.
- Lead detailed analysis to support product enhancements and key initiatives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Represent Product Enhancement in meetings and in interactions with other departments
- Oversee end to end implementation of product solutions
- Ability to evaluate current methodologies quickly to identify opportunities for enhancement
- Present findings and recommendations on methodology
- Document findings, methodologies, and best practices
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve system anomalies that disrupt client deliverables
- May directly interact with the client to understand its needs
- Provide explanation of products and methodologies directly to the client in a format that meets their level of understanding
- Continually develop technological skill set
- Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, economics, business or fields that employ rigorous data analysis
- 7-9 years’ experience in at least one of the following fields: data science, survey design, behavioral methods, data analysis, business administration/operations, consulting, logistics/supply chain, management information systems, or operations management/research
- Desire to learn and continually upgrade skills
- Disposition to simplify research, work processes, and complex statistical concepts
- Quantitative aptitude with proven data analysis and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Python, SAS, R or other statistical packages
- Experience in big data technologies and machine learning
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com .
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1