Lead Data Scientist – 40004
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Lead Data Scientist
The Lead Data Scientist leads multiple implementation projects to engineer our data pipeline and design insightful analytics for Nielsen’s TV Products.
- Engage leaders and cross-functional teams within the organization to identify automation opportunities for existing data products. Baseline current processes and design optimal and automated reporting solutions for data products.
- Design and develop data pipelines that integrate data from multiple sources into processed data and develop visualization and monitoring tools for stakeholders.
- Convert existing SAS or Fortran code to Python code and redesign the code and process to use updated methods and data sources in the cloud.
- Lead projects and work closely with team members to identify automation opportunities, define the business requirements, and develop solutions for product automation.
- Develop and facilitate training, provide mentorship and coaching to junior data scientists on coding standards, methods, use of technology and best practices.
- Develop Databricks notebooks using Python, SQL, Spark and Spark SQL to query, process and summarize large datasets in AWS.
- Develop expertise in the use of Nielsen data, metrics and methodologies.
- Lead partnership with data management and business stakeholders to identify gaps in reporting and define metrics that support business performance monitoring.
- Proactively gather information, as needed, to work independently and with a team.
- Key tasks include – but are not limited to – data integration, automation, examining large volumes of data, identifying trends and being able to understand the methodology to be able to explain said trends, and identifying methodological and process improvements. Other project areas may include representation/sampling, bias reduction, and indirect estimation.
Master’s degree in Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Social Science, Operation Research, Mathematics, or Computer Science with outstanding analytical expertise.
5 – 7 years of experience and demonstrated domain expertise with one or more of the following: python programming, data manipulation, data engineering, data integration, weighting, sampling, survey or market research, trend or pattern recognition, statistics, data aggregation, data fusion, process automation, or quality assurance.
Must be proficient with Python and SQL. Excellent technical documentation skills are also expected.
Experience working with big data, algorithms, and large-scale databases.
Must have a passion for data. Ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1