SAS are at the forefront of driving real business value through the development and implementation of AI applications. They are recognised as the market leaders in data science and machine learning platforms with over 75,000 sites deployed globally.
As organisations look to them to provide thought leadership and direction around the use of AI our team are constantly delivering exciting and innovative projects. Examples of these from the last six months include; transforming an insurers real-time pricing process through the application of stochastic gradient boosting, developing a computer vision approach to detect device defects on a manufacturing line and improving customer experience for a large bank using natural language processing to categorise and understand customer webchats.
They are consistently involved in large scale transformational projects with the world’s largest organisations. They also have the luxury of access to cutting edge technology with a direct line into our R&D function where they are consistently reinvesting circa. 25% of global revenues into.
They are looking for a talented individual to join their Data Science team here at SAS.
The role brings together disciplines across data engineering, AI & machine learning, decision science and cloud / platform technologies and is at the heart of our customer facing engagement. With Executive Level sponsorship this is an exciting, high profile opportunity where you will be helping to shape the future of the SAS business. They are a team that is passionate about analytics and technology, but are equally curious about business. Their mission is to help customers apply data and analytics in innovative ways that gain them competitive advantage.
The successful candidate will combine skills across analytics and technology with a consulting mindset, domain best practice and excellent communication. Working across a broad range of industries in a highly customer facing capacity you will build trusted relationships with customers and prospects, initially helping them understand how SAS will add value to their business through the application of analytics, but also supporting the value delivery.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of SAS solutions, technologies and processes whilst keeping up to date with domain and industry sector developments.
- Be a data science SME – thought leadership, blogging, presenting, trusted advisor to customer and partner eco-system.
- Nurture and maintain close working relationships, both business and technical, with our customers and partners.
- Comfortably and confidently position (and demonstrate) SAS and its solutions to clients and prospects; scope and lead POC and POV activities.
- Support account executives with account planning, opportunity qualification, workshops, solution design and positioning, crafting proposals and bid responses whilst taking ownership of technical activities.
- Passionate and driven individual, analytically minded who enjoys challenges and strives for excellence. Able to work proactively both individually or within a team.
- A curious mind, probing and questioning skills to uncover customer challenges – understand business processes and associated business problems, and to articulate where and how SAS technology and solutions can address.
- Strong communication & presentation skills coupled with analytical and problem-solving abilities and comfortable working at both “C” level and with users.
- Some of the following …
- A comprehensive understanding (and hands-on experience) of advanced analytical techniques. (Beneficial) experience, especially in SAS, SQL or analytics open source software (R, python, Spark)
- Experience in leading / supporting data science projects which result in new and incremental software revenue.
- Solid understanding and experience of the B2C space, possibly with first-hand experience of working at such organisations.
- Degree in a technical or numerate subject, particularly mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science. Masters level preferred but not required.
- Specialism in advanced analytics disciplines such as machine learning, forecasting, text analytics, model management, optimisation, and statistical analysis.
- Experience delivering large scale AI/Analytics/ML projects
- And finally …. a hunger to work hard, have fun and develop professionally.
This role is based out of their offices in Marlow & London. Their offices are a modern working environment with superb facilities – designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration (their Marlow HQ has subsidised canteen, free beverages, onsite golf course, cricket pitch, games room etc).
Competitive Base Salary, OTE and benefits package
- Car allowance / company car scheme
- Generous Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible Benefits (family healthcare, dental cover, holiday trading, discounted shopping and rewards).
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1