Driven by Curiosity.
At Vistaprint, they believe that everything they do has a lasting impact on their customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping their customers succeed. To give them their best, they empower their team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
About Our Team
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be a “go-to” domain expert in data science and machine learning, leading the charge on innovative work, mentoring more junior data scientists, and guiding the organization on methodology and best practices. You will also guide high-profile projects – not just delivering solutions, but identifying opportunities and determining the work. Your statistical, computer science and business domain expertise will have a significant influence on our business.
You will join a core team of Data Scientists, working with Marketers, Analysts, Engineers and Product Owners to forge new paths and revolutionize how data is utilized to deliver value. You’ll seek ways to improve, communicate openly, and be an active problem-solver. Throughout the design, development, and delivery stages you will surprise yourself with new levels of professional and personal growth.
What You Will Do
- Engage with partners to advise on analytical project requirements, discuss methodologies and negotiate deliverables.
- Learn, practice, and lead others to use new tools in an inspiring technical environment that combines both coding skills, web technologies and real-time data.
- Analyze pre-existing models and algorithms; suggest how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness, to drive value to the organization
- Deliver a range of custom Data Science projects that may include Recommendation Systems, Price Optimization; Time Series Modeling; Customer Lifetime Value Customer, Propensity Modeling); Image Recognition; The list goes on.
- Be a thought leader within the Data Science team, staying current with trends and technologies
- Extensive machine learning and modeling experience, and have delivered multiple projects as a lead scientist or in a similar capacity
- MSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or similar field
- Strong programming skills in Python and R
- Hands-on experience using “big data technologies”
- Experience of software engineering techniques including version control, continuous integration, unit testing.
- Stakeholder management; ability to independently communicate technical and statistical concepts to non-practitioners, and influence the application.
Considered As a Plus
- Spark, Java, Scala
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or similar field
- Bayesian Statistics
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Agile working methodology
- Relevant work in an e-commerce environment
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training and conferences
- Onsite game room (foosball, ping pong, xbox, pinball)
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- And more!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1