The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
The Data Team
Data sits at the heart of Revolut and plays a uniquely crucial role in what they do. With data, they build intelligent real-time systems to personalize their product, tackle financial crime, automate reporting, track team performances and enhance customer experiences.
Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Revolut and being part of the team gives you the chance to have a major impact across the company – apply today to join their world-class data department.
What They Need
Their Data Scientists are responsible for applying the scientific methodology, statistical inference and machine learning models to drive business decisions. They have strong backgrounds in statistics, applied mathematics, and computer science with the ability to write clean and operationalizable code. They are also creative, inquisitive and exceptional communicators with an aptitude for uncovering hidden patterns. They are looking for Data Scientists who know how to get the most out of the product and help make the right decisions with the data.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will sit within their Finance – Analytics team and you will be creating data-driven solutions while collaborating with the Growth team, product owners, analysts, and engineers in order to bring their data analytics capability to the next level. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will grow and lead a team of data scientists and engineers to build cutting-edge LTV, attribution, & propensity models with the goal of overachieving our marketing ROI.
Here are some of the things you and your team will be working on:
- Perform exploratory and statistical analyses to understand and predict our customer behaviors, identify bottlenecks, and answer critical business questions.
- Build and deploy scalable machine learning models and oversee their performance against KPIs.
- Forecast their users’ conversion, engagement, and churn with rigorous statistical models.
- Empower various teams to use Lifetime Value data through the creation of easy to use data views and tools.
What Skills You’ll Need
- You’ll have a strong command of conducting analysis with Python. They use the traditional Python data stack (Jupyter Notebook, Google Colab, Pandas, NumPy, sci-kit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow)
- You’ll have a deep understanding and experience of current machine learning and statistical methods (especially Survival Analysis, Pareto/NBD, BG/NBD models) ideally within the gaming and/or e-commerce environment.
- You’ll have experience with creating metrics and standalone insights to assess the success and quality of a solution.
- You’ll have proven experience with using lifetime value to solve business problems.
- You’ll have a strong command of some flavor of SQL.
- You’ll have experience in dealing with large data sets and creating scalable and replicable solutions for analysis and modeling.
- You’ll have a passion for understanding user behavior and building solutions to optimize customer experience and growth.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills and an innate ability to tell stories with data.
a Little About Them
They believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. They’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
They reached 10 million customers as they rolled into 2020 and they’re adding another million every quarter.
What They Are Looking For
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. They thrive with space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. They don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. They are not afraid to make mistakes but they use data and logic to back up decisions and improve understanding.
And you share their mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1