What You Will Do
- Engage with business partners to collaborate around analytical project requirements, define success metrics, explain methodologies and results, and negotiate deliverables.
- Build new models, segmentations, and algorithms; as well as analyze pre-existing data products, provide suggestions on how to evolve, and improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Deliver a range of custom Data Science projects that may include Customer Propensity Modelling (churn, acquisition, next product); Customer Lifetime Value; Share of Wallet; Hypothesis Testing; the list goes on.
- Contribute to a customer platform which makes available a set of predictive and descriptive data point which will be consumed in a broad set of data products (predictive models, reports, and visualizations).
- Materially contribute to a roadmap making customer data products a core capability at Vistaprint
- Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operational Research or related quantitative field (Ph.D. preferred)
- 5+ years of advanced machine learning and modeling experience; 2+ years of experience in the customer domain (which may segmentations, customer LTV, and propensity models)
- Extensive experience in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
- Excellent programming skills in SQL and Python or R
- Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
- Ability to convey mathematical results and concepts to non-science business partners
- Communicating and managing work in a cross-functional environment
Nice To Have
- Spark, Java, Scala
- S3, Azure, Databricks
- Bayesian Statistics
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Experience mentoring or leading junior scientists
Why You’ll Love Working Here
At Vistaprint, we put great importance into the wellbeing of our employees, which is why we offer perks that ensure a phenomenal work/life balance. Perks include flexible schedules, work from home capabilities, and very generous time off, including our unique sabbatical-like program, “Vistabreak”, to name a few! Here in Waltham, we offer a modern and collaborative office environment with a free on-site gym, fully stocked kitchens, and cold brew on tap.
- We will give you the chance to learn from some of the best global talents in this field. You will grow with us, and we will make every effort to support your professional development.
- You will love your colleagues and teammates! We work with people who are as energetic, smart and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team, and we thrive off each other – you’ll thrive too.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference! You will be working on projects that can have a real impact on decisions & results – we are a very data-empowered company and Data Science is a substantial driver of Vistaprint’s innovative outlook.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, they’ve renewed their focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, they create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. They thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation, and growth – for both their customers and their team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, they strive to do more than the law requires.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1