MassMutual’s Advanced Analytics group is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated and self-directed data scientist. In this role, you will perform data-driven research, problem-solving, and algorithm development through the systematic application of mathematics, statistics, and computer science as well as cutting edge data technologies. The results of this work manifest themselves in a variety of ways, including interactive visualizations, presentations, publications, web applications, predictive algorithms, and APIs.
This is an opportunity to join a small but growing high performing team with diverse backgrounds in applied math, computer science, and physics that have been tasked with developing, maintaining and extracting knowledge from a strategic data asset. Their work revolves around studying fundamental and high impact business questions that directly impact the direction of the company and industry at large.
- Set strategy and assume a leadership role in a domain of expertise
- Develop roadmaps for projects and services, data, and technology
- Oversee operations of algorithm and system deployments
- Partner with executive leadership to ensure alignment of data science initiatives and company strategy
- Lead projects and research initiatives
- Develop algorithms and predictive models, create prototype systems, visualizations, and web applications
- Design and analyze experiments
- Assemble data sets from disparate sources and analyze using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks, and systems
- Disseminate findings to non-technical audiences through a variety of media, including interactive visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Mentor junior team members
- Industry recognized expertise
- Must have a background in Cybersecurity analytics with high-volume data.
- 7+ years working with data and relevant computational frameworks and systems
- 7+ years developing probabilistic models and machine learning algorithms
- Proficient level of understanding in the following areas and an expert in at least one: machine learning, probability, and statistics (esp. Bayesian methods), natural language processing, operations research
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and willingness to learn new concepts, methods, and technologies
- Expert in data analysis using R or Python (NumPy, scipy, matplotlib, sci-kit-learn, pandas, etc.) programming languages
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems, Hadoop/map-reduce, Spark, Hbase, etc.
- Experience in database design and SQL
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Outstanding communication skills (publication history a plus)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, etc.) is required
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1