Lead Data Scientist – Mercury Project – 35683
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
The Lead Data Scientist develops, maintains and improves automated item coding solutions solutions for receipt-capture panels and assures these solutions can be implemented in a productionized environment.
- Develops, improves and extends our portfolio of automated item coding solutions for receipt capture panels. Our current portfolio consists of a varied set of upc-assignment methods and machine learning solutions.
- Ownership goes up to the implementation of these methods in production strength code modules. Assists in the deployment within the Data Science Studio environment or within the DMLE-Umbrella service.
- Works as a partner within cross-functional teams to implement and validate item coding solutions.
- Maintains documentation and training materials towards other data scientists and other functions (at different levels of detail and depth).
- Monitors and diagnoses the performance of our solutions and feeds a continuous improvement cycle.
- Stays aware of relevant developments in the academic world or the industry and selects/translates these developments to our business.
- Becomes a leading subject matter expert and thought leader on automated mapping of external product descriptors into the Nielsen product referentials.
Role Requirements: (E=essential, P=preferred)
- E: Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science with outstanding analytical expertise.
- E: 5 – 7 years of experience in developing and implementing advanced machine learning or algorithmic solutions in a data rich environment.
- E: Experience and expertise with one or more of the following: data engineering, data analysis/modeling, scientific programming, algorithm development.
- E: Proficient with Python and SQL. Experience with git-based development process. Excellent technical documentation skills
- E: Ability to maintain a rigorous outcome driven continuous improvement cycle.
- E: Ability to manage multiple projects, align expectations with stakeholders, communicate timing and expectations.
- E: Have a passion for data. Ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses.
- E: Have an aptitude for leadership or mentoring, ability to work alone, with peers, and as a project leader.
- E: Accuracy and attention to detail and context.
- E: Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain complex data models and methodologies to a variety of audiences.
- E: Have critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate results within the broader context in order to make decisions
- E: Desire to grow as an expert for a long term career.
- E: Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers.
- P: proficiency in a Unix environment.
- P: experience with deep learning frameworks.
- P: experience with web scraping and working with web-api’s
- P: experience with modern computing environments (spark, cloud services, containers)
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com .
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1