Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is creating the future of digital video entertainment products for one of the largest media brands in the world. They’re focused on delivering extraordinary experiences and distributing the incredible library of Disney content through all forms of interactive media. Their digital technology leadership and capabilities are married with a passion for crafting dynamic consumer-facing applications that integrate live and on-demand multimedia. They create great digital media products for millions of fans around the globe, and they’re looking for strong performers who can help them improve what they do every day. This is an opportunity to impact experiences that will be used by millions of users worldwide.
The Data Scientist, Experimentation is a critical position within DSS and in the Data organization to apply advanced statistical methods to design and analyze A/B experimentations for product and algorithm/model changes. They make product and business decisions based on what they learned from A/B testing. Therefore, it is essential to ask the right questions and measure the right things to answer them.
- Develop sampling and allocation methodology for experimentations.
- Design and analyze A/B experimentations for product and algorithm/model changes.
- Create actionable metrics and design effective experiments.
- Explain experimentation results to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to improve the experimentation pipeline and platform.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze and present A/B experimentation results and recommendations to business and technical clients.
- Strong statistics knowledge and experience to strengthen the validity of A/B tests, including statistical distributions and testing/sampling methodologies.
- Expertise in programming languages for data processing and analysis (e.g., Python and R) and big data access tools.
- Extensive background in statistical methods and data mining
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science preferred, or equivalent professional experience.
About Disney Streaming Services
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Their core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. They serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. They strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products, and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, their employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment they call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help them grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1