As a UI Engineering Lead, you will be the Technical authority working on cutting-edge, open-source technologies to help the team solve problems of scale. As a member of Vrbo’s Landing Experience Team, you will be responsible for ensuring their travelers have a delightful, relevant, and effortless experience through their Landing Pages such as Homepage,
supporting and driving their business growth. Based in London and Madrid, they’re a multi-functional team composed of Product Managers, TPMs, Engineering Managers, and Software Engineers. They believe in building high-quality software at scale and care about availability, scalability, and systems resilience. Their tech stack consists mostly of Scala microservices, Cassandra, Kafka, NodeJS, and React.
Motivated by emerging technologies you’ll have a real desire to be a part of a collaborative and fast-paced traveling environment at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to help Vrbo and Expedia Group consolidate its position as a major player in the vacation rental world.
What You Will Do
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps
- Be at the forefront of building Vrbo’s next-generation user experiences
- Write unit, automation, and integration tests to ensure the quality of your product
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed container-based architecture (their stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Use real-time user behavior data, predictive science, and A/B testing to better understand their customers
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making
- Collaborate with teammates across locations to deliver on common goals
- Identify and take ownership of technical initiatives
- Conduct design and peer code reviews
- Act as a role model to more junior engineers and assist with coaching
Technologies/tooling They Use
- ES6+, Node.js, React.js, Jest, Puppeteer, Webdriver, HTML5, CSS3, Less, Hapi.js, Webpack, AWS, Docker, Scala, Git
- Splunk, Datadog, Jenkins, Sentry, lighthouse
Who You Are
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experienced in developing highly available enterprise web applications with state of the art front end web technologies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multiple departments
- Passionate problem solver with a focus on high-quality user experience
- Mobile-first responsive design experience
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
- Enjoy opportunities to showcase your work on their tech blog and internal & external conferences
Why Join Them
Expedia Group recognizes its success is dependent on the success of their people. They are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in their business. Their brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group they act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. They relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. They act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. They value diversity and voices of all volumes. They are a global organization but keep their feet on the ground so they can act fast and stay simple. Their teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through their corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Their family of travel brands includes Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE, and Traveldoo®.
They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. They build the sites of their customers’ dreams. They build the tools that don’t exist so they can solve globally-scaled problems. They don’t expect answers to fall in their laps, which is why they’re conditioned to test, learn, and repeat.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1