At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
This Lead Software Engineer role in Macy’s Technology will be responsible for the development, deployment automation, and support of applications for a specific area, leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas. Macys Technology Fulfillment technology team is where we strategically plan, analyze, and produce results that optimize the efficiency of Macys Supply Chain. Members of the team are exceptional engineers who have the passion to architect and build new robust software with cutting edge technologies and data techniques. We create a wide array of solutions for problems in order optimization, pick path optimization, work scheduling and assignment and optimized bin packing algorithms.
Translates business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business and supports these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements. Design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Play a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, using functional specifications. Direct junior staff in the coding, configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, using standard procedures and techniques.
- Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance. Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Expert understanding of all application development processes including Macy’s Technology’s software development methodology; ability to serve as a resource to others.
- Expert in existing applications supporting the business area. Able to serve as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
- Data Modeling to create and maintain database objects efficiently.
- SQL Performance Tuning to improve the performance of the existing SQL. Database monitoring and database performance tuning and fixing the issues
- Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate. Provides technical support and resolves customer inquiries and production issues.
- Serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced developers. Manages and delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Lead the development phase of projects, making work assignments and managing task completion. Select tools/methodologies for projects.
- Commit to deliverables for scope of work.
- Modify jobs and schedules for jobs as necessary.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent and 6+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing web and enterprise applications using programming languages similar to Java/J2EE technologies, Shell Scripting, Groovy.
- 3+ years of experience leading the team in Agile environment with hands-on coding.
- 3+ years of experience with web services (with REST or SOAP) and messaging applications (with JAXB and JMS and Tibco).
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration using tools such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, and Artifactory.
- 2+ years of experience with observability/instrumentation tools like CloudWatch, Stackdriver or Dynatrace.
- 3+ years of experience in data modeling, database monitoring in RDMS or no-sql database like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Working experience with performance tuning and monitoring applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret complex technical documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1