A Lead Software Engineer responsible for the development and support of applications for a specific area, leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas.
Translates business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business and supports these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements. Design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Play a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, using functional specifications.
- Direct junior staff in the coding, configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, using standard procedures and techniques.
- Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance. Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provide technical support and resolves customer inquiries and production issues.
- Serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced developers. Manages and delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 – 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6-8 years hands-on experience with TIBCO technologies such as Business Works, Business Events, Active Spaces.
- Possesses hands on experience working in Data Management Domain, and has developed and maintained solutions to address Realtime Operational use cases.
- Possesses experience in Product Lifecycle management.
- Possesses experience in Release management and CI/CD implementation.
Hands on experience with Messaging technologies like TIBCO EMS and Apache Kafka.
- Hands-on experience with Java Enterprise, Java application servers (JBoss or Weblogic), Apache Spark.
- Hands on experience with relational databases (Oracle, MemSQL) and/or NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Elastic search).
- Familiarity with Micro Services Architecture, design tenets and best practices.
- Experience building scalable web services, ESB and event/stream processing.
- Familiarity with Java based open source frameworks for development, unit testing, benchmarking etc.
- Expert understanding of all application development processes including Agile Software development methodology and hands on experience with JIRA.
- Has experience in Infrastructure Capacity Management and in supporting the Utilization Health of underlying infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability interpret complex technical documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Leads the development phase of projects, making work assignments and managing task completion.
- Selects tools/methodologies for projects.
- Commits to deliverables for scope of work.
- Modifies jobs and schedules for jobs as necessary.
- This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involve use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Provides technical leadership in areas of specialization.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1