At Hopper, they’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. They are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace — one that enables their customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage their immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with them!
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a team of software developers to innovate and solve challenging problems, impacting millions of users. You will develop and improve processes and mechanisms for operational excellence. The team is growing quickly, so you’ll also help with hiring, onboarding, and mentoring new developers.
In This Role, You Will
- Lead new architecture and implementation for customer-facing products and web experiences
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines to define an inspiring product vision focused on their customers
- Define and drive the technical direction for a new suite of web-based hopper products
- Work hands-on alongside a talented team of software engineers to rapidly deliver clean, fast, and scalable Web solutions, on top of a Scala microservices infrastructure
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a culture promoting technical excellence
- Manage performance and development of a diverse team of engineers
An Ideal Candidate Has
- 3+ years experience leading a team or managing 4-8 cross-functional engineers, including backend, web, and full-stack work
- Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing systems and APIs
- Demonstrated experience architecting secure, scalable, reliable systems to power innovative consumer experiences at scale
- Successfully championed documentation, operational excellence, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability
- Managed technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, a competitive salary, and stock options
- The dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1