At Monzo they believe there’s a better way to do banking – they care deeply about their customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
They’re looking to revolutionize the way consumers manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. They are developing lending products that genuinely feel good and are looking for highly intelligent and creative individuals to help them on their journey.
You Should Apply If
- You have a solid understanding of lending product economics including an appreciation of all aspects of the customer lifecycle from acquisition, underwriting, account management right through to collections and recoveries
- You have a reasonable understanding of the regulations that apply to lend product development
- You have a solid understanding of how lending products work to generate profit including experience of building and using tools like Customer Lifetime Value and/or Net Present Value modeling and how income and losses are recognized on the P&L
- You have strong analytical skills: SQL is a must, R, Python, VBA and similar are a plus
- You can work in an extremely fast-paced startup environment
- You are motivated by impact
- You are keen to learn
- You are a good communicator who’s able to articulate complex information
- You are able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams
- You are extremely self-motivated and can work autonomously
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can think from first principles
- You’re happy taking an MVP approach and doing what’s good enough for now
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Guiding and enabling product teams to measure things that matter; initiate or help run A/B experiments to keep improving everything they do
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how their users interact with their products and how those insights can inform their product strategy
- Liaising with engineers to keep making sure they collect the right data to produce relevant product insights
- Providing insight into various lending markets using quantitative data available and evaluating profitability dynamics within each of the markets to help them decide which products and features to build
- Assessing how the lending portfolio of particular products will perform over time
- Ensuring all reporting is in place to allow them to manage their lending portfolio (e.g. credit control reporting, provisioning, monitoring their compliance to Risk Appetite, etc.)
- Ensuring any changes in KPIs are well understood and explained to stakeholders
- Ensuring they operate in a well-governed, compliant and customer-centric way
- Facilitating data-driven decision making whenever possible
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and then on-site interviews at their office in London.
They care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever they can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. They’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so they particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1