They’re looking for a thoughtful, technical and deeply collaborative Machine Learning Engineer to work with their growing Analytics Engineering team! This position will provide a foundational framework for the Data Science team. This includes building the infrastructure to allow the team to “publish” models into production, developing Python libraries to facilitate feature generation, and providing the data science team with product-based datasets to train their models.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Emerging Product Engineers, and Analysts
- Be the interface between the data warehouse and the data science team, using transformation frameworks to automate dataset generation
- Help Data Scientists optimize, monitor, and deploy their models
- Build, maintain, and upgrade a platform for running machine learning models
- Develop APIs to serve model predictions in real-time and at scale
- Learn the business inside and out, interfacing with domain knowledge experts
- Participate in creating the team’s roadmap, providing feedback on priority and business value.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer, machine learning engineer, or a software engineer with a passion for data.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Self-starter, willing to jump in and learn something new to execute on a task.
- Experienced in SQL, with the ability to optimize database and query performance.
- A natural detective, with a keen interest in solving business problems with data-driven methods.
- Deeply focused on delivering value to stakeholders, with a data-as-a-product mindset.
- Passionate about creating production-grade systems and data quality, supporting what you build.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and architecture.
- Exposure and experience with machine learning is a plus.
Technologies They Use
Airflow, AWS, Docker, Snowflake, Python, Spark, Kafka, Prometheus, Snowplow
At CarGurus, they invest in their people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. They also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—their way of showing that they want you here for the long haul.
They work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to their consumers. They extend to their talent, too. They aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. They don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. They have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out their careers page to learn more.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1