Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. They build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, their 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. They innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling their customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Their Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Their ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. They hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting their company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on them to empower their decision making. They are equally dedicated to their customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and they have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
In this role, you are expected to be able to adapt and deal with scalability, real-time engineering, and machine learning. You will mostly work with Spark and Python, but new technologies and languages are always incoming. Tasks include building real-time microservices, ML models, streaming, and batch processes that can handle a large amount of data. Data is your best friend, you need to investigate and analyze it in order to find insights and solve problems that can arise from massive parallelism and distributed systems.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Design and build new data pipelines from scratch, all the way to deploying them to production
- Research and solve real-world, large scale problems through ideation and development
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning applications
- Improve scalability, speed, and performance of ML models and processes
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Scala, Python, Java, or C++
- Understanding of fundaments of stats and desire to learn the details of custom machine learning algorithms
- Adherence to data-driven development where decisions are based on data and A/B experimentation
- Experience working in an agile environment using test-driven methodologies
It’s Great If You Have
- Academic or working experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience working with Apache Spark, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, Theano, or Scikit-Learn
- Experience building large-scale distributed products
- Passionate about functional programming
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides itself on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. They prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. They are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1