PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, they’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. They welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore their open positions and join their growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As part of the Future Technology Group team, you will be working with focused teams researching and implementing cutting edge technologies, and finding ways to apply them to the platform and services.
They looking for engineers to develop core technology and conduct innovative research in applying Machine Learning to different technological challenges.
The focus is on areas such as content creation, AI-assisted design, animation, speech synthesis and autonomous gameplay agents.
They expect the candidate to develop and apply AI and deep learning algorithms, conduct experiments to optimise performance, and build prototypes. They encourage research publication and patents.
They are hiring at all levels, from recent graduates to industry veterans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching state of the art technologies
- Contributing to identifying and developing the technology portfolio of future PlayStation platforms
- Performing research and sharing information internally, in relevant conferences or publications
- Developing proof of concepts and cutting-edge technology prototypes
- Anticipating technology trends and applying these to improve our existing and future PlayStation products/services
What they’re looking for:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Machine Learning, Maths or Computer Science
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language; such as C, C++, Python, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Strong fundamental understanding of Machine Learning theory, architectures and cutting edge research areas
- Expertise and practical experience in areas including:
- Imitation learning (e.g. Behavioural Cloning, GAIL variants)
- Reinforcement learning methods (e.g. SAC, PPO)
- Offline reinforcement learning (e.g. MOPO, CQL))
- Representation learning (e.g. ResNet, EfficientNet, VAEs)
- Attention and Transformers
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a larger team
- Ability to work proactively on your own
Nice to have:
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
- Experience of games development methods
- Experience of Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Experience in working in an R&D environment
- Experience with research communities, including having published papers at conferences
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1